Thursday, September 13, 2012

Esther: Some thoughts before the storm

I am off to Germany tomorrow for exciting family celebrations so won't be able to respond to the first in the upcoming series on Esther, but will do on my return. Part of me is still shocked and sickened by what is coming but also I am getting very very excited about all the amazing stuff that's going to come out of this.

I was listening to Roger Forster on Esther the other day. He seemed to think the main message was about God in working all things. I laughed out loud at the irony - tones of egalitarians are going to be studying and writing about Esther in the next few weeks - what amazing resources will be produced. And while 1 man has many followers we are a very large collective of people and we are not fighting each other to get to the top but working together, which is much more powerful. 

I am planning roughly, though may be a day or two out, to post a response to preaches on Monday's as well as doing several character studies along the way, exploring the  sexual politics of the book. I will be tweeting using the hashtag #Esther 

Am also going to link all posts on a page and would love to link to other people's posts so if you have one either leave me a comment or let me know on twitter @JenniferParnham.

LET THE FUN BEGIN - SO EXCITED THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment